Spring washers are widely used in load-bearing and non-load-bearing structures of general mechanical products. They are characterized by low cost, easy installation, and are suitable for parts with frequent assembly and disassembly.
Usually 65MN spring steel or 70# carbon steel, 3Cr13, stainless steel material SUS304 or SUS316 and phosphor bronze material are also available
The spring washer is installed under the nut to prevent the nut from loosening.
The methods to prevent the automatic loosening of nuts (or bolts) in mechanical design and production include:
1. Padded spring washer; (simple and easy to make)
2. Use hexagonal slotted nut + split pin; (increased processing procedures compared to the same period)
3. Padded stop washer; (increased processing procedures compared with the same period last year)
4. Insert the steel wire into the hexagon head of the hexagon bolt. (Processing procedures increased year-on-year)
Spring washers are used to prevent loosening. For example, the bolts connecting the motor and the frame should generally be equipped with spring washers. If the motor vibrates without spring washers, the nuts will loosen. Generally, the fasteners on the equipment with vibration are equipped with spring washers. Generally, no gasket is needed on the orchid! The addition of spring gaskets on the flange is related to the medium flowing in the pipeline. If it is easy to produce pulses, it is best to add spring gaskets, as well as high-speed fluids, and the diameter changes frequently. Do not generalize. On some valves, the stuffing box gland All flanges need to add spring gaskets. Spring gaskets are included in the automatic selection of quick, easy and excellent.
The bolts connecting the motor and the frame generally need to be added with spring washers, because if the motor vibrates without spring washers, the nuts will loosen. Generally, the fasteners on the equipment with vibration are equipped with spring washers, and the flanges generally do not need to add washers. ! The addition of spring gaskets on the flange is related to the medium flowing in the pipeline. If it is easy to produce pulses, it is best to add spring gaskets, as well as high-speed fluids, and the diameter changes frequently. Do not generalize. On some valves, the stuffing box gland All flanges need to add spring gaskets. Spring gaskets are included in the automatic selection of quick, easy and excellent.
The difference between spring washers and flat washers
The spring washer can prevent loosening and increase the pre-tightening force. The flat washer does not have this function. It can be used to increase the fastening contact area, prevent the friction between the bolt and the workpiece, and protect the surface of the connector from the bolt. The surface of the workpiece is scratched when the nut is tightened.
However, some important connections, such as the place where the power is transmitted by the friction force generated by compression, cannot be used with spring pads. If the rigidity of the connection is reduced, accidents are likely to occur. The spring washer can be omitted. When the strength of the connected parts is low, flat washers or flange bolts are used to increase the contact area, and spring washers must be used when there is vibration, pulse, and medium temperature fluctuations.
Causes of open ring expansion and hydrogen embrittlement fracture
1. The ring expansion phenomenon of the spring washer is generally not a problem of the spring washer itself
2. The spring washer that expands the ring must be subjected to a radial external tension, which is derived from the tightening axial force generated by the tightening torque
3. The outer chamfer of the nut bearing surface produces a radial component of the axial clamping force, which causes the opening of the spring washer to expand. The smaller the chamfer diameter, the greater the possibility of ring expansion
4. Adding a flat washer between the nut and the spring washer helps to slow down or prevent the expansion of the ring, but the flat washer is too thin or too soft to prevent the expansion of the ring
5. The reason for the hydrogen embrittlement fracture of the spring washer is generally due to the unreasonable heat treatment process, and the fracture caused by the failure to do the dehydrogenation treatment in time after electrogalvanizing.